Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Few Good Days


Two 1/2 Weeks after surgery.
Every day I see more improvement in regards to the progress of healing.  I am able to blow gently.  I can touch my nose, make facial expressions and smile without it hurting.   I am sleeping better at night.
5 days ago was the first good day I've had since surgery.  I felt motivated and had fun running errands with Jeremy (Josh and Angela were with Andrew).  Even though I could still feel the headaches they were more in the background and didn't consume my day.  I didn't even need a nap!

New Years Eve we spent at a friend's house.  It was a great evening of fun, games, catching up on each others lives and...eating.  That whole day I didn't feel well at all, but by evening I was doing better. 
We didn't end up getting into bed until 1:30am!

Can you believe with that late night:
Jan 1st was a good day!
It was awesome having another day when I wasn't exhausted and hurting (maybe I need to stay up late and hang out with friends every night?!).  We had a relaxing day watching football with another couple and their kids.

On New Years I grew up with the Tradition that my Mom would give each family member a book as a gift.  It was always fun receiving something new to start the new year on.

We decided that since we're trying to draw the focus of Christmas less on gifts and more on Christ (although we still do gifts, but keep them few and cost effective) that it would be fun to start the New Year opening a gift.

This year's THEME was:


"Growing in the Talents God has Given You" 


Andrew has been into trying different recipes,
so I gave him a bunch of items to help him learn to make sushi.  :)

Jeremy loves to play games that have a purpose,
so we gave him a puzzle to strengthen his logic skills.

Angela is really into art,
so we gave her a daily calendar of Watercolor tips and outlines to paint.

Joshua has a talent of playing the piano by ear,
so we gave him a blank video tape to record his music on.  We hope that it will encourage him to practice so he can perform, review, improve, entertain, and share his music.

This past year has been a tough one on me physically, emotionally and spiritually,
so Andrew gave me the gift of a bedroom makeover so that I will have a place to go that will encourage: rest, refreshment and feeling renewed. 


I cried when he gave it to me because that's all I want right now.
I know I can go anywhere and find the peace and presence of God because He is already there...it doesn't have to be a special place.  But at the same time we need those places we can retreat to so that we can spend quiet, relational time with God, allowing Him to speak to us through His Word.  Those are the times that we find true healing, rest, peace, hope, joy.

2 comments:

jhatwig said...

Hooray! I am so glad you've had improvement! Prayers that it will continue :)

Michelle Krueger said...

Jenn- That is awesome that Andrew gave you a bedroom makeover!!!!..... how very thoughtful.
-Michelle