Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bedroom Makeover

Andrew gave me a gift on New Years:  a place that I can go to rest, refresh, and renew. 
A bedroom Makeover.

It was the perfect idea. 
I've needed a place that is quiet and clear of clutter.  

One of the things that increases the level of pain in my head is noise and lots of movement.


(one other thing we have done is to remove all bouncy, and loud ruckus type toys from near the bedroom areas and into our large Family room in hopes to keep the noise down).

A while back someone read the definition of retreat In battle, the troops pull back so that they can regroup, strategize, mend wounds, and rest.  

That is exactly what I this room will be used for.

Here are a couple pictures of what the room looks like after we moved furniture around and took out everything we didn't need to have in there

The shelves on the right will be covered with a curtain that we will hang all the way across the open area.



Here is a picture of our bed with our old bedspread

...we have a dear friend who is so graciously gifting us with a new bedspread!  How sweet and kind is that?!  I still can't get over her generosity. 

I will take pictures when it comes.


Last night I came home after a busy afternoon of kid's activities to...
A PAINTED ROOM!
My amazing man (he's kind of like Mr. Incredible) worked hard to secretly paint the room before I got home so that I didn't have to deal with the mess.  How thoughtful is that?!  I had not planned on the room getting paint until next week because I knew Andrew would be busy at work this week.





We picked a medium brown because the bedding will probably be a dark brown and will be a good contrast.
Browns to me are very relaxing.  Maybe that's why I like to garden...getting my hands into the dirt is fun and invigorating. 
Okay, maybe it's not for all of you!
But ever since I was a kid I loved to play outside, getting dirty was just an added bonus.  :)
I'll keep the pictures coming so you can see the progress.

1 comment:

Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

Oh Jenn< I'd LOVE to help you with this! Bedrooms should be a sanctuary...I did a post on my blog "Is your room a big mess, or a love nest?" It was fun to do and got me started on my own bedroom make over!

I can't wait to see what you have done...

Hugs from Canada