Friday, January 29, 2010

Could it be? Yes it could.

I am here, I promise.
:)
Just to let you know the last BAD day I had was 3 weeks ago!

I'm not saying I feel great, 
or that my headaches are gone...

But wonderfully, my days seem on the majority to be doing better

Every day I feel the headaches and sometimes I still get nauseous from them.  But I haven't had a day that I've been laid out and wasted feeling!

WHY?

It could be that my septal surgery (to correct the deviation and spur that was causing irritation in my nose) could finally be healing completely.
It could be that because of the surgery I've been breathing better which means I'm SLEEPING BETTER!
It could all be a fluke and I'm just having a couple good weeks (the headaches normally go up and down any way).
Could it be that relaxation is helping?  I've really been working on every minute relaxing my facial muscles and my shoulders, and having good posture.  Do you know how hard it is to relax facial muscles?!  I almost feel like I'm frowning all the time...or "dead pan".  It is very hard for me to do that.  A dead-pan face is one that looks grumpy, unapproachable, cold.  Not the vibe I want to put out there!   
When I go out I try to limit my expressions, but at the same time not go "stone faced"!


Could it be All The Above?
Could it be all the chocolate ice cream I've been eating?
           Yes, that must be it.
Could it be...............ahhhhh!  
So many could be's.

I had energy today so I spent the afternoon in the kitchen...until dinner.
I prepped a meal for Sunday.
I prepped veggies for the next week.
I made Risotto: This is the picture during the middle of the process.
(only my second time ever...Andrew said it turned out great and that Chef Ramsey couldn't say one bad thing about it.  Isn't that sweet?!)
Baked potatoes.
Cooked Broccoli.
Broiled Salmon.
MMMMmmmmmmmMMMM
The past couple months I've been living off of easy one-dish meals or simple recipes that don't require thinking and that I can serve with a salad.  It was fun getting back into the groove.  But it sure wore me out!

Angela got her reading glasses today!
She LOVES them.




I can't wait to do school with her on Monday and see if it makes a difference. 

3 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so glad you are having better days. What a praise! Angela looks so cute with the glasses.

Megan said...

It's wonderful to hear you're feeling better! Praise the Lord :)

Shelly said...

So wonderful to hear you are doing better! Praying for continued healing!