Friday, January 15, 2010

He is Able, more than able

Journal entry 1/12/10
Psalm 10:17

You hear O LORD the desire of the afflicted; You encourage them and You listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed.

Thank You Lord God, Yahweh, for the past couple of days.  You have encouraged me not to loose hope.  
My heart is still greatly saddened that I am not healed, but I am no longer depressed.


I know You love me even though You choose to not heal me at this moment.  
You hear me.  
You weep with me.  
You long to have me in the beauty of Your holy Splendor, where I can be complete in Your perfect peace and rest.  Until that time You have promised to strengthen me to endure by the empowering of Your Holy Spirit.

I am weak.  
My pain limits what I can do.  
But I a not powerless.  I can still love.  I can still pray.  I can still encourage.  I can still be compassionate, I can still enjoy Your ever-presence.

All my concerns and fears rest at Your feet.  
There is so much that I am unable to do, be or give.  
You are Able.

I cannot pour into my kids as much as I would love to.  
I know You will take care of them and meet their needs.  
You love them deeply and perfectly.  
They are always in Your presence.  

Use this difficult time to mature their love for You.  
As You shape them make these years be important in drawing them personally to You.  Not just in knowledge but in relationship.  Shape them into sincere people.  Do not let their hearts grow callous or stubborn to You.  Like the beautiful sunrise You blessed us with this morning, create in them a desire for You that will shine in beauty so others will see and glorify You.  Even while they are young spark their hears with love and compassion for people, for the hurting, the lonely, the forgotten and dispised. 

1 comment:

Michelle Krueger said...

Yes Jenn.... He IS able... MORE than able. He IS the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth. He is before ALL things and created all things. He chose you before the foundation of the world for a purpose that He WILL be faithful to complete in you. His mercy and grace are BOUNDLESS. He redeemed you not because of your goodness but solely because HE IS GOOD. When He looks at you He sees the precious blood of His Son, Jesus and is faithful and just to forgive your sins and cleanse you from ALL unrighteousness. Praise the Lord for His DEEP, DEEP love. It NEVER fails and it NEVER gives up.
He IS pursuing you and WILL NOT let go.
Thank you for clinging to Him.
Thank you for the reminder that... HE IS ABLE.