Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One 1/2 Weeks After

It has been almost two weeks since the tumor came out.
There is a lot to be thankful for!

The throbbing pain has lessened a lot and is actually bearable.  Still popping pain pills on a regular basis, but at least they finally seem to make an effect.

I'm not sleeping 24/7 anymore.  I gradually moved to every 2 hours taking a 30 min nap to now I only take 2 or three naps a day.   I am sleeping on the bed, propped up, rather than sitting up on the couch.  That has made a huge difference!

My face swelling has gone down considerably.

The biggest issue we're dealing with right now is Bells Palsy as a result of surgery.  That is facial paralisis on the right side.  The main difficulty is with my right eye not blinking, drying out and continually stinging.  The muscles are all confused.  The Bells Palsy makes it impossible to close but the survival instinct of my body makes it want to close so the muscles on both eyes are continually aching and throbbing sore.

I haven't been able to update until now because of the eye issue.  I can't see long enough to type.  But I wore an eye patch to bed last night to force the eye closed so I'm hoping it will hold off the pain for a couple hours now.  :)

Starting last week I began taking walks out of the house.  A friend or family member would take me each time.  It feels so great to get out.  It has been super healthy to get my legs moving without stressing my body out.  I never imagined that I could possibly stay inside a house for 10 days straight and still be sane.  :)  Part of what makes it bearable is that outside the house represents discomfort and added pain to what I already have so my body accepts these walls as protection more than a prison.

I've had a few visitors which have lifted my spirits, let me cry and express my frustrations and who have prayed for me.


We have never felt so supported by friendship and love.  Every single person who has done something to ease us through this pain and suffering, whether it's bringing a meal, cleaning my kitchen, bringing flowers, or even just expressed their concern, prayed with us, or sent a letter...all, every little/big thing, has been a gift we have treasured deeply.

God, our Father, the One who adopted us into His own, He set up a beautiful way to care for his children.  By creating the "body", the church.   Grouping us together to love and care for one another.  Loving each other through tragedy, walking with each other through difficulty, bearing one another's burdens. 

Thank you for helping us to bear this.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I was wondering how you were doing! So glad the recovery is going pretty well, and I'll be praying it continues to go well. God be with you!

candice said...

SO glad to hear that you are making progress each day. You are so so loved Jenn- by so many friends and family and of course our Heavenly Father who sees and knows your pain.
You are an inspiration to all of us.

Love you and can't wait to see you soon...

Melissa Danisi said...

So glad to hear some things going well! Been praying scriptures for you daily. Psalm 23, Ephesians 1, 2 Corinthians 4, Ephesians 3:14-21.