Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day before surgery

Can I just run away and forget all of this?
WEDNESDAY
Picked up Andrew from the airport.  Yeay!

Met with the surgen.

They will shave more hair than I thought and will have a bigger incision than I thought.
Here's what my hair looks like right now:

1/2 of my head will be shaved tomorrow morning.  From the middle down to my ear.
I'm okay about it.  Hair is hair (I say that now, but we'll see how I feel when I look in the mirror in a few days).  But I'm stummped at how to style it.

HOW ABOUT A CONTEST?
I'll give a prize to whoever can pick the best hairstyle for after my head gets shaved.  I give you "after" pictures in a few days so you can see how much hair is left to work with.

See the big white "heart" on the middle, left?  That's my tumor -meningioma.
See ya buddy.  You're out of here!

7 comments:

candice said...

Jenn, you have so many people covering you in prayer and I just pray that you will feel His presense tomorrow morning as you head into surgery. Keep remembering that scripture friend!

And I think with so many stylish friends, someone is going to find you a hair style that will be perfect! :) Love you!!!

Yvonne said...

Praying for you!

Betty Smith said...

Jenn, Praying for you today..

Teresa said...

Jen, you are loved! and you are BEautiful outside, but also because of who you BE on the inside and who you BE isn't coming off with any of that hair! I'm all in form that contest =)

bachmanville said...

praying for you this morning, jen!

Mallorie said...

Maybe a "lady comb-over"? From one side over into a side-ponytail on the other side? Not sure if your hair is long enough for that...
A mohawk?! Maybe anime-style where it gradually gets longer onto one side. Hmm... you could also rock cool hats all fall and winter. When Tim's brother Daniel crashed and rolled his car, he had a shaved spot and stitches on the very top of his head. He wore a baseball cap for a few weeks which covered the bandages and then the scar until his hair grew back. You could wear the one ponytail on the side, and a low hat, and it would appear that you had swept your hair into a side ponytail under a hat!

You're awesome, Jenn, you can do this.

I love meditating on this verse when I am fearful: "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV) 

:-)

Michelle Krueger said...

just want to know that the surgery went well today......