Friday, November 4, 2011

Wow, huge scar

SCARY, huh?!

A much bigger incision than I had anticipated!

It is Friday at 5:30pm, a day 1/2 after surgery and this is the first time my head is not throbbing.  If 1 is good and 10 is throwing up, the usual pain has been between 7 & 8.
Tight now it is at a 4.  Because they had to cut through a jaw muscle my right jaw is severely sore and will continue to be for a few weeks.  the medicine they gave me to help with swelling caused me to puke over and over last night.
the doctors and nurses here are AMAZING.  So nice, respectful, and concerned for my best.
Tonight is my first meal.  I don't know how much I'll be able to eat with so much pain in my jaw but with little bites my tummy will finally get something filling.
I'll probably get discharged tomorrow and will fly home late sunday night.

Thankk you, thank you for praying and giving words of encouragement.  they have been priceless.
I know it's going to still be a long recovery but at least I'm on that path.
Keep the hairstyle ideas coming.  I have two hats I bought while here that I'll be wearing, but I'm not sure how comfortable they'll be on the staples.
Now if I can just stay awake long enough to eat my dinner.
Much love,
Jenn

7 comments:

Nikki Geist said...

You are an amazing woman Jenn... I am so glad God let my life touch yours briefly... I will begin work on a hat for you...Fav color???

Katie Jane said...

You are beautiful. So thankful that your current pain is at a 4 and not a 7/8 or worse. Continuing to lift you up. Looking forward to seeing you when you get home. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Katie Jane said...

You are beautiful. So thankful that your current pain is at a 4 and not a 7/8 or worse. Continuing to lift you up. Looking forward to seeing you when you get home. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Mallorie said...

Jenn, I pray that the pain continues to lessen until it's completely gone with no more headaches! The great Healer; His timing is perfect. I found myself wondering why God didn't have the doctors remove this when they originally found it. But, I'm sure none of us will ever know the full impact, how many lives have been touched and changed by your amazing witness of God's faithfulness during this time of terrible trials for you. I pray that this time is coming to an end! I liked Jaime's idea of wearing a scarf; I was also thinking of soft hats (not knit or anything though, which might snag on your staples) maybe fleece? That would be less conspicuous than a scarf while still being soft and comfortable. Maybe a slouchy knit hat lined in soft fleece? Hmm...

Melissa Danisi said...

Oh Jenn! This just makes my heart break for you! Glad to hear your through surgery, and on to eating and walking. Praying . . .

Stephanie said...

Jenn, You are in my prayers tonight.

Laurie said...

Jenn, I had not checked in for a couple of weeks, and WOW! I saw the shaved head picture first and wondered what was up, so had to go catch up. I will be praying for you!!