Saturday, October 3, 2009

What is normal?

Normal, for me,
is constant pressure and ache in the head.
When the
normal gets taken away
and exchanged for dreadful
then,
when you get the
normal back,
it becomes so
beautiful!


I'm not quite there yet, but I can feel myself getting back into the "normal".

I still feel a bit fragile.


In fact, just after I told Andrew that I was feeling more like my old self, I kept saying words backwards or mixed up.
Then I got my coffee cup out
and went to pour in the milk (I like to warm up my milk before I put my coffee in so it doesn't cool off the coffee).
Well, I began pouring my milk onto the BOTTOM of my coffee mug, the mug was upside down.

I just had to laugh.
I felt like a crazy person thinking that they were sane but all the while they are crazy so how could they say they were sane if they don't know what sane is?!
The kids are doing great through all of this.

We are thankful for the family and friends who have generously helped us with taking care of the kids and providing meals.
I could not have lived through this week without you!


Even last night when I was feeling better I ended up having to put ear plugs in because my head was still sensitive and I felt like I was in a small room with a circus!

Andrew has been my knight in shining armor.
He has taken on his normal work load and come home to chaos and dealt with it all in stride. He has served me and looked out for my needs. He's been on the phone constantly dealing with hospitals, insurance, doctors and airlines trying to get things worked out.












We are leaving on Monday
for Arizona,
Mayo Clinic!

I don't know much more than that they are going to run me through some more tests.

I don't know how they are going to fix this.
I don't know
how long we will be there.
I don't know....?



But I do know we are GOING!

I do know that we are on the right track for healing.

I do know that God has taken care of us this far and He will continue to care for us and guide us through the next steps.

8 comments:

Darlene said...

Love you guys and keeping you in our prayers.

A Hope Found said...

I am so happy to hear you are feeling a little closer to normal. Laying on the floor to eat a meal sounds pretty rough. I'm so sad that you've had to endure such pain, but keep on trusting in tbe goodness of God! You are a blessing and a geniune example of submission in the midst of this huge trial.

with love,
allyson

candice said...

YES!
Soooo happy to hear that you are leaving on Monday! We will be praying that this will be it and that the Dr's will know how to help you and that you will feel some relief immediately.

The unknowns can be so scary- but your hope is in the Lord and He never fails! Keep us posted!

AmyL said...

Thinking of and praying for you guys! I do hope you get some answers and relief right away and that you don't have to be away too long. We can totally relate to where you are - you get to the point where there are just so many variables and unknowns, and all you can do is lay it at the feet of Jesus and trust Him for guidance & wisdom, & know that He has a plan for you! Hang in there - we'll be praying! Love you guys!
~Amy Ladd

adozenshorts said...

We will certainly be praying for you and your family. I had no idea you were going through all of this. I am so sorry, yet excited to see how God is going to bless you through your journey.

Blessings,
Trina

Teresa said...

So good to be on the right track and to know you're where God has you for this moment in time. Good husbands are such a blessing! We're praying for continued healing and a new "normal" for you!

with love,
teresa

Anonymous said...

I am praying like crazy that you will get some relief and comfort as you embark on the next step of the journey.. we love you JBell

Michelle Krueger said...

Jenn and Andrew- Praying for you while you are in Arizona.
Psalm 142:3- "When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way...."

Love- Scott and Michelle