Wednesday, October 21, 2009

His mercies are new every morning

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." 



Last night we had the fire place on.
It was such a cozy feeling.
The crisp, cool air was seeping in through the windows yet as I sat in front of the fire place the warmth circled around me like a blanket.

Comfort, calm, peace.


My lower back is still in a lot of pain.  It took a while to get to sleep last night because of it.  The evenings are the worst.  It is a constant ache.  I've been trying to stay sitting or laying down as much as possible.  


Andrew and the kids have been wonderful helpers.  It is hard for me to be so helpless.  As a wife it has been my duty and my joy to provide an atmosphere of rest and peace especially for Andrew when he comes home from work.  But since I am out of commission the weight of responsibility is heavier for him rather than lighter.  He is taking it so well but I can see it wearing on him.  It has been a long month.


When we rest in the strength that God provides 
it doesn't make it easier to get through 
but it makes it possible to get through.


I cannot express in words the gratefulness I have for every single person who has 
prayed for us, 
encouraged us, 
given us scripture, 
said they were thinking about us, 
watched the kids,

provided a meal or groceries.


I am thankful for you, the body of Christ, and the love that you have shown us.   No matter how small or big the gesture, it is through you that God has sustained us.

1 comment:

Hergies said...

Whoa Jenn, I had no idea what was going on. I'm so sorry for all of the pain and discomfort that you're going through. To hear your joyful self through the emails despite your circumstances is mind boggling to say the least. Praise God for answers and a light at the end of this long horrible tunnel. I will be praying for you, Andrew, Joshua, Angela, and Jeremy.