Thursday, October 15, 2009

found the leak, coming home

okay, sorry I haven't updated in a while.
I've been doing lots of tests.
Lots of uncomfortable and painful tests.
They finally determined the exact location of the leak. It is towards the bottom of my spinal column.
I had another blood patch done this morning.
It was localized right at the leak in hopes of hitting it square on and sealing it up. The procedure wasn't as painful as the last one but my back is still in pain and sore. I have to lay down and not lift anything for a while during the healing process.

My head is not throbbing in migraine pain like it was this morning. But time will tell if this has solved my daily headache/foggy head pressure.

We are planning on flying home tomorrow, Friday.

I cannot wait to see the kids.
It has been almost 2 weeks that we've been here and a week before we left I was laid out and couldn't take care of the kids. So really, it feels like an awful long time since we've been together as a family.

We've been told that the kids are doing well, although they miss us. We are thankful for family who have made this possible for us, especially in providing a safe and secure atmosphere for Jeremy.

Please pray for my endurance and recovery.
I've been poked and tested, stuffed and drained for the past two weeks. My body has undergone so much. My muscles are rebelling and if this last procedure doesn't work I don't know if I have the stamina to endure any more.

We're going home: that's all that matters to me right now.

Andrew has been a wonderful advocate, looking out for me. I am thankful that God has put him in my life. He is the perfect balance to me and knows what I need and how to take care of me.

7 comments:

Sunny said...

Jenn, I hope and pray this helps you. Life does throw us curve balls and makes us stronger.
My best,
Sunny

Annie said...

Glad you guys are heading home. Prayers for healing, and for a comfortable flight home.

candice said...

Glad you are coming home Jenn, but frustrated for you as well. Oh you must be so ready to be done with all of these doctors!
I pray for healing and perseverance for you right now. The Lord WILL use this trial for His good purpose and I pray that He would be you strength right now.

We love you guys...

The Wagenleitners

Unknown said...

I love you - can't wait to give you a big hug, and to watch you hug your kids, and the little girl who calls you Auntie Jenn-Jenn, and her new little sister!

See you tomorrow! . . . praying for a comfortable flight and for that stubborn little hole in your spine to be patched up and healed completely!!!!

Shelly said...

Praying this works!! Glad you are headed home to all your sweet babies!

Anonymous said...

Praying for the freedom from pain and the sweetness of your reunion with the kids.. may your energy return full force as you heal these next few days.. love love love you! JBell

Tamra Gardner said...

Happy for you and your family finally being alble to be together again :) I know the feeling. I was kept informed of what was going on with you while we were gone. Praying for you and your recovery and that this will be IT!!!!