Friday, November 25, 2011

3 weeks of Thankfulness

It has been 3 weeks since my craniotomy and tumor removal.
Painful.
Long.
Unbearable.
Yet in all the pain we've had love and support by family and friends. 

God was with me.  Is with me.  Immanuel.  My sustainer, comforter, provider.

In pain there has been a perspective gained of thankfulness:
Thankful that it wasn't worse.
Thankful that I am alive.
Thankful that everyday there has been some sort of progress, no matter how slight.
Thankful that the unexpected hurdles I've had to face are not permanent, but temporary, and in the big picture mild compared to the severity of complications that could've arisen.

Thanksgiving Day my family spent the day with Andrew's parents, a tradition that we have had for years.  Watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade eating a big breakfast and enjoying just hanging out.
I stayed home and did my usual resting, reserving my strength for later.  Andrew came and got me in the afternoon and I was able to join the family for Thanksgiving Dinner. What a treat!
Honestly, it was physically painful.  My eyes were killing me.
But it was so wonderful mentally to be with the people I love!  
It was worth it.
I don't have any pictures to share with you yet.
I'm not so scary looking anymore.  :)
I'm able to do a pretty good comb-over with my hair that hides the scar.
Although make-up is still difficult to put on the eye affected by bells palsy I was able to put a bit on for thanksgiving yesterday.  It felt good to look a bit like my old self. :)

Can you hear me cheering?  This is the point I've been praying for: that this would be bearable.  Not even pain-free, just bearable.  I'm praising God!

2 comments:

Megan said...

He's honored by your praise and you are such a testimony to His love and faithfulness!

Liz said...

Praising God with you!