Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day of School

The kids are off to school.  
The first time in our lives that BOTH of the older kiddos are in public school.  Last year was Joshua's first year, this year is Angela's first.
5th Grade:

Angela was excited about this new adventure.  But today as I left her in her classroom I could tell she didn't want me to leave.
3rd Grade:
I thought that I would cry today.  
So far I haven't.  Maybe I'm too tired to cry.  :)   Joshua was up super early this morning out of excitement. 
I am sad that I cannot homeschool them this year.  We had hoped that the answer to my headaches and exhaustion would have been solved by now.  But alas, here we are still on the investigation.

I have loved teaching and seeing each child's mind develop and grasp concepts.  There are many things to discover in God's world and it has been wonderful that I've been able to experience it with them.  I will miss that dearly.

This year I get the awesome fun of doing as much as I can with Jeremy.  I will guide him through Kindergarten.  This week is our preparation and planning and then next week we'll start full steam ahead.  My energy level is often low and I still need lots of rests so we'll see how it all fits together.  I can't believe how quiet and calm he it is just him and I. 
I'm looking forward to this next year.
New challenges for all of us.  It's a good thing.  New challenges bring new adventures.  Hard things can be good when we let God use them to purify us and mold us into His will.

4 comments:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Wow!!! I'm sure Joshua and Angela will do great at school! And now, you get to focus on Jeremy and give him the time and energy he needs. Change is sometimes hard, but you truly are trusting in God's perfect plan. How AWESOME is that?!?

Jenny Plumb said...

I'm sure you have been able to give them such a great foundation that they will thrive. Still, a tough but exciting day! Joshua is looking so grown up in that picture!

BSC said...

I'll be praying for you Jenn as you go through this transition and disappointment. I remember when both of my daughters chose to go to public high school but that was a choice we allowed them to make.

It was bittersweet to see them grow up and I found that I had to not be too closely involved in their schooling. There were some things I was disappointed in and things that I liked.

I'm praying that you will navigate this new path with grace and wisdom. And I pray that this will be a wonderful time for you and Jeremy as you explore the world together.

Blessings,
Beth

Laurel@From My Heart to Yours said...

Wow, the fact that Jeremy is in Kindergarten amazes me. I remember when I first met you - waiting by the computer in 2007 for you to share a snippet of your adoption journey with me...you didn't even have the little gem yet!

It's lovely to see pictures of your life and family and puts faces to my prayers. : )

All my love dear friend...