Friday, December 18, 2009

We're home!...yet longing for my REAL home.

WE ARE HOME!
We want to thank each one you who has prayed for us, called, wrote an encouraging word, and communicated your care and concern.
After seeing the doctor on Thursday I felt good enough to travel home!  
What a surprise of joy the kids had.  They had no idea, we just showed up.  
Andrew was able to go to Joshua's school Christmas program (when we last talked, and thought that we wouldn't be home in time to see his program, he played it off as not a big deal, he is very understanding like that, but when plans changed and we were there he was overcome with joy!).

Every day I have felt progress in the healing.  Nights have been the most difficult.  But each night gets a little easier.

It is so good to be home.
We missed our kids SO MUCH!



Life can be so difficult.  
Every time I experience pain of some kind my compassion grows bigger and bigger for others who are, or will, go through similar pain.  
I have known many people over the years whose lives have revolved around doctors, surgeries, hospitals, medicine, complications, and all the effects that those things have caused.  One gal's life in particular has always encouraged me.  From the moment her life began she was in and out of the hospital.  In fact she was there at least once a month for surgeries, infections, more surgeries, and everything else she needed to survive.  She has amazed the doctors who didn't think she would be able to function as well as she does, nor live as long as she has (she is around my own age).  She was always kind and loving.  She usually was smiling and positive.  And throughout it all she was in pain.  Constantly dealing with pain.  

 This world will always be full of pain.  
Physical, spiritual, emotional.  
Pain.
Oh how sweet heaven will be!  Can you imagine?  
Absolutely no pain?!  
No frustrating moments, no lack of purpose or emptiness, no lonliness or hopelessness, no grief, no hurt, no stress and no more battling temptation.
Pure joy.
A hope like no other.
A clarity and fullness of life.  
Complete satisfaction.
Strength and peace, wholeness.

We will be with the One who lovingly created us and designed us.  
As much as we try to know and understand God we cannot fathom His entirety.  
We only can grasp glimpses.  
Can you imagine seeing Him in His completeness?! 

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hi...you left a comment on my xanga site a long time ago, when you were going through your adoption (I LOVE adoption) and I've been following your blog ever since then. I feel as if I know you and your family now, and I've been praying for you as you've been going through these challenges. Please know that you are an encouragement to me through your writing, and I hope it may be an encouragement to you to know that you have a sister in Christ who has been lifting up prayers on your behalf :) I hope you heal quickly and enjoy Christmas with your family!

Michelle Krueger said...

Phil. 1:21- "For me to live is Christ and to die is gain."

Phil. 1:23- "... My desire is to depart and be with Christ..."

John Piper- "The critical question for our generation-and for every generation-is this; If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ were not there?"

Malcom Muggeridge- "I can say that I never knew what joy was like until I gave up pursuing happiness, or cared to live until I chose to die. For these two discoveries I am beholden to Jesus."

Phil. 3:8- "Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ."

Jenn- Sooooo glad you are home. I too cannot wait to be at home in heaven. The things of this world often distract me from remembering where my true home is. Thank you for that reminder today.
Rev. 22:20- "He who testifies to these things says, Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

Hey sweet Jen~! I'm happy to see that that Rudolf went with you...you always make me smile.

Glad you are home and praying for you today, I wondered how you are? Thinking about you here in Canada, drop me a line when you get a minute.

Hugs, L