Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I am still alive.

It is 7:30pm here in Arizona.

It was a much longer day than I expected.  I went in for surgery around 11:30am but didn't wake up from anistia until 2:00pm.  The prep is what took the most time.  Surgery was about 40 minutes.  We didn't leave until 4pm because it took a while to feel okay to leave.  I was not in as much pain as I thought I'd be in.  My head was at a 6 (1=low, 10=high), my lip was swollen, the roof of my mouth had been scraped, my throat was soar, my nose only hurt slightly.

When we got back to our hotel at 5pm I scarfed down two cups of chicken noodle soup.
My mouth is continually dry which is a frustrating thing.
Blood drips out my nose every now and then.  I have a small sling that is wrapped around my head and under my nose with gauze pressed against it to catch any blood.

I just got through a little panic attack.
It was the craziest thing.  I didn't realize what it was until I was 1/2 way through it.
My heart rate sped up.  I began feeling hot.  My head thumped.  Blood was dripping out my nose making me feel claustrophobic and anxious that I was loosing too much blood. 
Andrew and I were watching a show that began to get a little bloody and I had to look away.  Then I couldn't take it at all.
Soon my panic attack escalated.  Breathing was hard because my throat hurt and my mouth was so dry.  I didn't want to cry because I didn't want my nose to clog up.  It started thumping anyway.  It's hard for me to talk with this big chunk of gauze on my upper lip.  Poor Andrew could only look at me and hold my hand. 
I tried to load up Pandora.com so I could listen to some worship music.  But it wouldn't load.  :(
I prayed for peace.  Thanking God for being with me, caring for me, providing for our needs.
Psalm 34: " They who seek the LORD will not be in want of any good thing."

So here I am, sucking on ice chips to keep my mouth wet.   Taking deep breaths and reminding myself of what is TRUE:
Phil 4
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!...The Lord is near.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.... and the God of peace will be with you.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Jenn- I'm praying for you.

Betty Smith said...

continue to pray for you

Michelle Krueger said...

Praying for you and Andrew.

Michelle Krueger said...

Psalm 22:1-5- "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night and am not silent. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Isreal. In you our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed."
Jenn- Although it may feel at times that the Lord is far from you... HE IS NOT. Although it may feel that He has not heard your cry for help... HE HAS.
Praying that, through the strength of the Holy Spirit and through the power of the cross, that you can focus not on what you may feel today... but on the TRUTH. Love you- MIchelle

Eric and Jen said...

praying for strength, peace and rest for you both!