Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home for Christmas?




Joshua, 
Angela 
and 
Jeremy,
This one's for you.  
You gotta listen to the great groov'n.


(there's some jibber jabberin in the beginning so let the video load and go to :25 seconds into the song to start it)



I saw the EarNoseThroat (ENT) Dr. this morning.  
He confirmed that surgery to correct the deviation in my nasal septum and remove the spur would be the best option for us at this point.

Looking again at the MRI scans, the deviation was very obvious.  There is little room inside the left airway of my nose.  Then if you add a spur onto that deviation, an area of bone that has pushed out, it gives even less room.  It is quite plausible for irritation to be happening in there.  Along with all my other symptoms this has seemed the best possible solution to date.  Although I don't like to get my hopes up too much...I really think this nose deal plays a big role in my headaches.  I'm not ruling out the fact that there might be more than one issue going on here too.  The positive side to all this is that even if it doesn't help my headaches (which I don't even want to imagine being the case, but it is something I have to face) at least my airway won't be as restricted.

After our appt. they gave us the bad news that pre-surgery appt. wouldn't be available until Thursday the 17th...then they'd have to wait 3 days for results then the sugery could be done...then we'd have to be here at least a week for recovery and post surgery checkup.  That means that I wouldn't be home until after Christmas sometime.  So many thoughts were swimming in my head. 
I had to lay it God's feet and let it go.

I knew that however long we were gone, at whatever time of year, it would be hard to be away yet God would still be with the kids and care for them  He will meet their needs.  He will comfort them and wipe their tears.  At this point, once I remembered my God, His omni-presence and His faithful love I was able to rest with confidence that no matter what it would be okay.

The secritary came back, after doing her best to see if there was any other way to get us in sooner...
she said that I could go straight to the pre surgery apptments.  
They would get me in today!

She called us an hour later saying that they could schedule the actual surgery for next Tuesday, the 15th!  
That means a week later we'll be home...for Christmas!

10 comments:

Michelle Krueger said...

W'e're groovin! (-: Fun song! So... does that mean you guys are coming home and going back on the 15th?... or do you have to stay until then?

Liz said...

What a faithful God we have. I am so glad that the timing has worked out.

jaime said...

Yay! I was about to selfishly cry if you weren't home for Christmas. Can't wait to see you!

Carol Young said...

YEAH, is right!

Tamra Gardner said...

Brought a smile to my face to know God worked everything out for you. And that you will be with family on Christmas. Our God is SO good.

Michelle Krueger said...

CONTENTMENT, taken from The Valley of Vision

Heavenly Father,
If I should suffer need, and go unclothed, and be in poverty,
make my heart prize thy love, know it, be constrained by it,
though I be denied all blessings.
It is thy mercy to afflict and try me with wants,
for by these trials I see my sins,
and desire severance from them.
Let me willingly accept misery, sorrows, temptations,
if I can thereby feel sin as the greatest evil,
and be delivered from it with gratitude to Thee,
acknowledging this as the highest testimony of Thy love.
When Thy Son Jesus came into my soul instead of sin
He became more dear to me then sin had formerly been;
His kindly rule replaced sin's tyranny.
Teach me to believe that if ever I would have any sin subdued
I must not only labor to overcome it,
but must invite Christ to abide in the place of it,
and He must become to me more than vile lust has been;
that His sweetness, power, life may be there.
Thus I must seek a grace from Him contrary to sin,
but must not claim it apart from himself.
When I am afraid of evils to come, comfort me by showing me
that in myself I am a dying, condemned wretch,
but in Christ I am reconciled and live;
that in myself I find insufficiency and no rest,
but in Christ there is satisfaction and peace;
that in myself I am feeble and unable to do good,
but in Christ I have ability to do all things.
Though now I have His graces in part,
I shall shortly have them perfectly
in that state where Thou wilt show thyself fully reconciled,
and alone sufficient, efficient, loving me completely,
with sin abolished.
O Lord, hasten that day.

Laurie said...

So glad you'll be home! Just wanted to check in and say hello and let you know I am still following you on your journey. :)

Betty Smith said...

God is really good. I will pray for your surgeons and your recovery.

Jenn said...

Yes, We'll be home for Christmas!
We are staying here until the surgery date. It doesn't make sense to go and come back, too much money.
We are trying to find things to do around here that don't cost money...practically impossible! It might be fun if I felt good. But all my head wants to do is stay "home", while my body is bored to death and Andrew is going crazy needing to stay busy! :) So we've ended up doing different things with me feeling totally miserable.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear about the appointment, and sorry to hear about your continued discomfort as you wait. Praying for your sweet family as you continue to walk through this trial. Love you all!
Jenny Ratzlaff (not Kaley!)