Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thank you EVERYONE for your comments of prayer and letting me know you are thinking about me and the family.
Yesterday was very long but VERY SUCCESSFUL!
That's right ladies and gentlemen.
WE HAVE FOUND AN ANSWER!

Monday the hospital injected radiation into my spinal fluid. That wasn't painful at all. Just a little prick of the numbing needle. Then they stuck cotton balls up into my nostrils coated with a numbing agent (cocaine to be exact. Now how can I ever tell my kids that I've never had drugs up my nose?!).
That was painful.
10 minutes later he inserted a long "skinny" absorbent material up my nose and into my brain. Okay, so it really wasn't into my brain. He had to shove it so far up that it felt like it was into my brain. That was VERY PAINFUL. But no tears. He then had to put another one into the same side of the nose and repeated the process to the other side.
The strings were to keep track of which one was which (right upper and right lower, etc.).
Instantly my head soared into a migraine.
I've never before been able to make myself get a head ache or relieve a head ache. But at that moment we discovered that the root of my headaches has something to do with my nose. (definitely rules out tension, muscles, TMJ, food allergy, etc.).
I had to wait 4 hours then went back to be scanned. The scanner showed where the radiation was. The nasal swabs had radiation on them. That means I have a leak in my spinal fluid somewhere behind my nose or eyes and that is what is causing the pressure and headaches!
WE HAVE AN ANSWER!
When they pulled out the nasal swabs my head went through the roof. From that moment on I have had the most severe migraine of my life. the only way to relieve it (we finally discovered tues evening) is to lay with my hips raised above head level.
I am so thankful to all who have and are and will be helping us. Watching the kids, taking them places, meals, prayer, etc. We could not get through this with out you all.
It is pretty hilarious watching me try to do normal things. The instant I raise my head up at all it shoots severe pain. This morning I laid out in the kitchen on a bath mat during breakfast. I felt like the family dog. When I ate I found that if I went on my knees and leaned over like a dog, so that my hips were higher than my head, that the pain wasn't as bad. That was the only way I could eat my breakfast.
Andrew has has had to take it all on and has made sure everything is taken care of. The kids are trying to be as helpful as ever also.
I feel so helpless.
I know that we will get through this one day at a time, Hopefully soon we'll be able to make arrangements to fly to the Mayo Clinic to have this leaky faucet fixed.
I can't spend much time on the computer because it hurts too much to write. But I wanted to let you know what is going on.

11 comments:

AmyL said...

Praise God! I am so so so very thankful that you found the reason and don't have to do any more searching or testing! I am so sorry to read that you're dealing with a barn-burner of a headache now, and pray that you will get some relief! I will keep praying as you continue on through the next steps, asking God to move things along quickly for you guys! ~Amy

Unknown said...

Oh Jenn,

I cannot imagine the pain you have gone through, but I began to feel ill just reading about it so I know it has been intense. Praise Jesus for giving an answer. I pray you are able to feel better soon. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us so we can walk with you and pray for you and rejoice with you. You are a beautiful jewel beyond compare. The prayers will not stop even when you are fully recovered. I love you so much.

Bonnie Frazier

Anonymous said...

so glad for the answer...sorry for the pain...continuing to stand with you. krissy mettlach

Liz said...

Praising God that you have an answer.

Adrienne said...

Oh, you dear soul. i have thought of you and your suffering so often. Will you forgive me for not sharing with you in it? I know we are a bit far away...but would love to help. The kids would love it up here!! :o)My drug of choice for pain was Demerol...it makes you VERY relaxed, and helps you understand why people become addicts!!! It was the only thing for my worst headaches.
May you find peace and comfort in the arms of our savior. It is difficult to feel so helpless. In reality we are ALL hopelessly helpless---without Jesus. You just have a vivid, real reminder. May God work this all together for good, our precious redeemer!!! Much love and affection for your sweet family...Adrienne for all of the Lusse Caboose

Unknown said...

Oh I love answers! Especially when you stick something up your nose and find out that it's only a multiple choice question!!

Anonymous said...

Instead of giving you a head's up, now we just have to remind you to lay
"hips up!" But seriously, I am so glad that you are indeed, one step closer to a final solution. I'm so sorry that you have been suffering. You are meant to be a mom, the best mom, I've ever seen actually. Soon, this chapter will be behind you, and you will go on to being and doing what you do best. My prayers and thoughts are with you, always...Sunny

Elise said...

I am so glad to hear that there is finally and answer. Praise the Lord!! Still praying for you as you still have to deal through the pain!
~elise~

candice said...

Oh Jenn- an answer to prayer! Praise God that there are some answers! I am so sorry that you are in so much pain though.
Praying that this awful headache would be relieved and that you can get an appointment in soon with Mayo Clinic.

Thank you for taking the time to update- you have been in our thoughts and prayers!

I will call Carol to see which day would be good to bring dinner?
Take care!

Laurie said...

Ahhh, answers are great!!! I'm so happy you got one, and now hopefull they will fix you right up! I love the visual of you eating your breakfast!! :)

Stephanie said...

I rejoice in this answer but shudder to think of the painful procedure you had to endure and the continuing painful effects. May the Lord guide the doctors and bring you healing very soon!