Friday, September 11, 2009

Arizona Mayo Clinic

Monday we are headed to Arizona.
Andrew and I are flying to the Mayo Clinic so that I can have a consultation with another neurologist and a neurosurgeon. I am looking forward to finally getting a better idea of what is going to happen and when.

Lately my headaches have been bearable. Last night and this morning my head was hurting. I can feel the pressure in my head and behind my eyes it feels like someone is winding up the muscles. I have also been very tired, all the time. I don't think that the tumor has anything to do with that. But it is quite frustrating. I am usually tired after an hour or so of waking up.


This morning I got up to read my Bible.
I opened it up and didn't know where to read from.
I am not in a study right now and I've read all the passages that I have felt lead to read from.
So as I sat there trying to decide what to read Joshua comes to me and asks if I want to read with him. He had finished getting ready for the day and was going to start his bible reading. He is in Revelation and has become very excited about all the different things that he's reading about. It was fun reading through the book with him because he is looking at it with fresh eyes. The book is quite a thriller. There is action, adventure, mystery, and spectacular glimpses into the glory and holiness of God.

I still am at a loss as to what to study, or read. Our church is reading and studying Nehemiah, but I've just finished reading through it (and Ezra the happenings right before Nehemiah).
I don't feel like I can do a study at this point.
My brain cannot handle the thinking right now.
But I don't want to read just to read. Know what I mean?


As a family we are memorizing Psalm 34.
But we haven't been very consistent at it.

Maybe I will devote my heart to studying that psalm, meditating on it and cross referencing it. That wouldn't be too overwhelming. It would be little chunks at a time that I could "chew" on.

Yes, I think that is what I will do. If I can devote my heart to memorizing and thinking on God's Word that would be more valuable in the long run than just reading blindly through a bunch of scripture.
My brain can handle little bits! :) And little bits are just what I need.

...okay, this is going to sound really corny...
(or like Andrew would say "totally home school". It's our joke to each other that every unsilly thing I say -that I think is very funny, but he doesn't- he blames it on home schooling. Of course it's all done in fun and playfulness.)

Anyway, back to what I was saying:

It's kind of like desert.

A big piece of pie is delicious. But when I'm watching a movie or playing a board game. I like to have little munchies that last longer. Like popcorn, chocolate chips, grapes, or trail mix.

So Psalm 34, little munchies, here I come:

I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make it's boast in the Lord, the humble will hear it and rejoice.


This is a fun picture of Jeremy, Angela and my niece, Edie blowing bubbles.

1 comment:

Betty Smith said...

Jenn and Andrew I will share my Mom's (age 94) favorite verse... Fear not , for I am with you: be not dismayed, for I am you God: I will strengthen you , I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
You are in my prayers daily. I am so glad you are going to Mayo Clinic and will be with family.