Friday, July 17, 2009

8 weeks today


Jeremy has been home 8 weeks.
It seems like yesterday that we brought him home and yet he fits so well into our family that it feels as if he's been here all along.
The other day Andrew and I were laughing because Jeremy and Joshua are so much alike in their personalities. They are both full of joy and hugs. They love to tease in a way to get your attention and bring fun into daily life. They are both analytical in figuring things out. They are confident and yet thrive on encouragement and praise.

Both Angela and Joshua have been great helpers loving and caring for Jeremy. I am thankful for God's timing in all of this.



A week ago we decided to go biking in the neighborhood.
It was so much fun!
Andrew hooked up a rig-shaw onto the back of his bike (the same one I rode in when I was a little girl!), the kids biked behind him and I followed in the back. It felt like a family of ducks all in a row. Jeremy loved waving to the rest of us and seeing the sights of the city.
There's something about riding a bike. It's a great way to see the city up close. When ever I drive my car downtown I don't usually notice the details.
There are many hurting people all around us but often we are bustling through life too fast to see them or take time to reach out a little kindness to them. Every time God pricks my heart in this way I pray that He will open the eyes of my heart with compassion and a readiness to love.

After we got back from riding our bikes we were hot and sweaty! Ready for a jump in the pool!

No comments: