Saturday, April 17, 2010

Joshua is 10

 
My first born is 10 years old today.  A loooonngg time ago, when Joshua was just a baby, I remember seeing a bunch of boys walking along the road and I wondered what he would look like when he was 10.
Every year I've enjoyed watching my boy grow in understanding and experiencing new things.  His heart is so tender to God.  When he has been stubborn and prideful the best thing that reaches His heart is God's Word.
These past years I've watched him grow in leaps and bounds in maturity, responsibility and self-control.  He has taken on new challenges with courage and confidence.  When frustration has threatened to overtake him he has remembered to look at God's truth and hold fast.  He cares for those who have been rejected and has compassion on the wounded heart.

He loves to play the piano.  His fingers never cease to amaze me when they dance on the keyboard.  He breathes and moves in music.
I say all this not to boast or take pride in anything he, or we, have done.  But to acknowledge God's omni-presence, sovereign protection, forgiveness and grace, and His Holy Spirit who has guided us.  If left to our own devices and ways we would've messed everything up and failed miserably.  I can't tell you how many times we've been brought to our knees in prayer because we don't know how to handle a situation or an attitude.  I am so thankful that we have a God who hears and counsels.

3 comments:

Rebecca Jackson said...

Happy Birthday Joshua!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Joshua was just a little guy and you all were at my house for a visit. Hgot in trouble for disobeying his mommy. So you put him on time out. No sooner than you left the spot you put him in we heard Joshua crying out,"Jesus Please help me! I'm in trouble!" We couldn't stop laughing. To this day my mom still talks about that. Happy Birthday Joshua!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Josh is ten, I remember teaching him to swim and the fun we had each time. Thanks for letting me be a small part of his first ten years! Happy Birthday Josh! Stefani Kampsen Pendergrass