Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Amino Acid Deficiency

In addition to Adrenal Fatigue I also am deficient in some

Amino Acids 
– Amino acids are the “building blocks” of proteins and are necessary for virtually everything in our bodies, including most hormones and all neurotransmitters. Low levels of amino acids are closely associated with several chronic ailments.


Essential vitamin, mineral, and amino acid deficiencies frequently go undiagnosed in conventional medicine because conventional testing methods look for pathology—meaning the tests only check for chronic conditions that are present, and NOT for the precursors that lead to illness. In a conventional medical setting, symptoms may go undiagnosed for months or even years before a chronic condition fully develops. 

I've always felt I was deficient in something.  But all the tests my regular Dr. gave me came back "normal".   
On top of that, as a family, we eat and live pretty healthy.  So a deficiency didn't make much sense, even though that is what my body felt like.  But now we're learning that my body isn't absorbing what it should. 
It is going to be a long road of slow and steady toward recovery.  But hey, I'll gladly take long and slow than a never or a "sorry you're going to have to live like this for the rest of your life"! 

1 comment:

Laurel@FromMyHeartToYours said...

I wanted you to know that even tho I haven't been writing as much as I should - I never forget you in prayer my dear friend!!! I'll keep checkin in and praying that this is the answer - that it can be corrected...

All my love from Canada
Laurel