Friday, April 2, 2010

Communicating EASTER

Easter.
Our hope and our confidence rests here.
Jesus has risen.
Our sin is gone, He is sovereign over death.

Communicating these truths to the kids in simplicity has been extra difficult this year.

For one, Jeremy is new to these words and concepts.  It isn't too difficult explaining it to a child who has heard about it in their language through out their life...Jesus, God, cross, death, alive, sin.  
I try and incorporate these words and phrases into daily life when it is applicable and so he's beginning to get a better idea of it.

The other reason it has been hard, especially this year, is that my mind feels like it often has a screen in it.  Blocking the reasoning the analytical flow.  I often am tongue tied and stumped in my words.  It is so frustrating sometimes trying to process what I'm trying to say.
Thankfully we have many good books for kids that I have been able to use.  As we read I am then able to further explain and add onto what the book is teaching.  Unfortunately reading is exhausting to me so I can only read a couple short books at a time.

These are things that have discouraged my heart when I want to be able to accurately pass on the Truth and grace that it is Christ to my children.  But I have to trust that God will do His own communicating to them, through His Word, through His Spirit.  He will draw them to Himself.  He will open the eyes of their heart in understanding and faith.

And I continue to pray that God will open my mouth in wisdom for each moment.  That even when my brain is confused, God will use my attitude, love and words to reach their hearts.

Every couple of weeks I have been in battle against letting deceptive thoughts into my mind.  When my body is weary my mind is less protected.  It is so easy to become discouraged, depressed and hopeless.  But even though my feelings pull me one way I am grounded in God's Truth and by His grace He has gaurded me and covered me with His wings.  I have verses on the mirrors, verses printed out taped to my walls, songs that I play that remind me of what is true, right, pure and lovely, of good repute...(phil 4).  

This year I am asking God to awaken me to the joy of being in His presence.  My heart often feels far away from joy, but in truth, I am never far from my God and my Savior.

Easter is JOY

No comments: