Thursday, November 12, 2009

GREAT DAY

Yesterday was a GREAT day.
I hardly felt any thickness in my head and there was no pain!
We even had a busy cleaning day.
The kids surprised me with their good attitudes as we all pitched in and worked together.  It was the most cleaning I've done in a long time.  It felt so good!  I kept waiting for the headache to kick in...but it never came.
What a wonderful break!  My body was sore from all the cleaning..a good sore, the kind that comes when you've been productive.

 Angela's drawing of our Thanksgiving Cornucopia


Today (Thursday) the headache was back.  Not in full force, but definitely there.
But the rain cheered me up.  I love the rain.  The sound of it is so soothing.  It causes me to dream of popcorn and family board games around a fire place...

The Mayo Clinic called and scheduled me in for another Blood Patch.  The Dr. is quite positive that the spinal fluid leak is still the problem.  He said that sometimes it takes a couple procedures before it works.  He would rather we make sure that we've given it all the focus we can before we move onto a different path.

We will be heading back to AZ on Tuesday, the Blood Patch will happen Wednesday morning and we'll drive back home Friday.

Am I looking forward to this?
The 1st patch was bad, recovery okay.
The 2nd patch was not too bad, recovery very difficult.
The 3rd one...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you girl and thanks for the update. Praying for you and your family.
Darlene

Liz said...

Praying for you.

jhatwig said...

I am sooo happy you were able to experience a good day. Were still praying for you.

Rebecca Jackson said...

So glad you are blessed with good days in between the bad ones. We'll be praying for you next week. God is good!

Jenn said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts!

Michelle Krueger said...

Jenn- Praying for you and Andrew today.
Proverbs 18:10- "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."
Psalm 70:4-5- "But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, 'Let God be exalted!' Yet I am poor and needy; O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay."
Job 1:2- "I know that You can do all things; no plans of yours can be thwarted."
The Lord is a Strong Tower, Deliverer, He can do all things, and none of His plans can be thwarted.
We are weak, poor, and needy. We need to be delivered and we can not do all things. His ways are not are ways.
His ways are perfect. When we are weak; He is strong. His power is made perfect in our weakness.
His grace is sufficient.
May you rely on Him and His truth today.