Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hello, my long lost friend.

  Hello, my long lost friend.


  
 We have not spent time together in over a year.
My fingers don't have your evidence anymore.
 I'm sorry it has taken so long for me to invite you over.
I've thought of you often.  
We used to spend hours together.
You have been with me during some of my highest of highs and lowest of lows.
There is something about working together to produce praise to God that has been comforting to my soul.  My heart enjoyed how God has used you to draw me before His throne.

I have been humbled many times by my inadequacies and God's working in and through my weaknesses for His glory.


But there you have sat, 
closed up in a case,
until now.

Even though your case is dusty
as I pulled you out you are still beautiful and shiny.


 

 As I began to play my fingers surprisingly remember 
where they are supposed to go.
I am a bit rusty.
Although it will take a while for my hand to regain it's strength,
the aches and pains are an old familiar feeling.
In the end it is worth the effort and perseverance.
I am looking forward to spending time together in the days to come 
to sing praise to the King of Kings, my Everything.



Music is a gift from God to us
that we can give back to Him in worship.

No comments: