Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blood Patch

We made it to Arizona.  It was a loooonnng drive.  I've never driven this direction before so it was all quite fascinating.  Angela and Jeremy did great. 
The worst part was: about 4 hours into the drive Angela began looking pale and sick.  She puked all over her blanket on her lap.  Thankfully most of it was contained.  We made a quick deture and amazingly there was a CVS Pharmacy right there in the desert, right when we needed it.  Thank you God!  One Dramamine later and we were back on the road.
This morning, Wednesday, I went in for another Blood Patch.
This one was intensely painful and they were only able to put in about 1/4th of the amount of blood that they put in last time.  They even tried another location to see if they could put more in, but without much success.  
 The Dr. who was leading the procedure was very concerned about the nerve pain I had in my legs last time and did everything possible to be sure it wouldn't happen again.
So far the recovery has been much better.  My back is not in pain and my legs feel fine.
On the way home from the hospital I could feel the pressure in my head.   Even now as I am laying down I feel it.  Nothing major, just that normal, dull, achy pressure.  Normal.  Not what I want to feel. 
Hope: that maybe it will progressively get better?  Not what is supposed to happen.  The blood patch is supposed to seal any leak up within a few hours, producing a pretty immediate effect.  I will still somehow keep hope that maybe...?
I have to admit I'm fighting the emotion to give up courage.  But I am keeping my mind on the truth in God's Word.
Thank you Michelle for the scripture you posted in the comments of the last post: Proverbs 
18:10- "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." 
Psalm 70:4-5- "But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, 'Let God be exalted!' Yet I am poor and needy; O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay." 
Job 1:2- "I know that You can do all things; no plans of yours can be thwarted."
The Lord is a Strong Tower, Deliverer, He can do all things, and none of His plans can be thwarted.  We are weak, poor, and needy. We need to be delivered and we can not do all things.  His ways are not are ways.  His ways are perfect. When we are weak; He is strong. His power is made perfect in our weakness.   His grace is sufficient.   May you rely on Him and His truth today.

2 comments:

Tisha said...

Praying for you now. You are never more poised for deliverance than when it feels the most hopeless. Keep the faith! Run to that tower and seek its shelter during your storm.

Blessings,
Tisha

Tamra Gardner said...

This hymm has taken on new meaning for me in the past 2 months. It's one I learned as a child.

When we walk with the Lord
in the light of his word,
what a glory he sheds on our way!
While we do his good will,
he abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey.

Trust and obey, for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Not a burden we bear,
not a sorrow we share,
but our toil he doth richly repay;
not a grief or a loss,
not a frown or a cross,
but is blest if we trust and obey.

We love you guys and are praying for healing :)