Wednesday, April 2, 2008


Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I've hesitated writing anything because I wanted good news to write. But here I am empty handed. Here again is another example of the way the Haitian system works. We were told that our documents would get signed (finally, after 11 months of waiting for one little signature!) and that they would get picked up by Tuesday, but so far we haven't heard a word. This weekend was difficult because I began to allow myself to get excited and feel that our adoption was really going to take place. We know that the orphanage is doing all they can to be our advocate.
Our adoption journey has been 4 years of one long road of ups and downs, twists and turns. We've tried to rest in God's peace, knowing He is guiding our steps, but the longer and longer that the months have drifted by my patience has been wearing. I keep having to be reminded to keep perspective. From my view point, everything is still, but from God's view point He is at work in more areas and lives than I could ever understand. Soon (what ever might be considered soon, that's all in perspective!) we're going to be holding our son in our arms and have a lifetime to pour our love into him. This will just be one more thing we can record into his life-journal/baby book. This is part of his history and part of the journey into our home. Each day that he is still in Haiti I treasure that part of his heritage that he will remember and hold onto. These are the things that will shape him into the man of courage and compassion that one day he will be.

On another note...
We've been enjoying the beautiful mornings. Sundays are extra special since we go to the 11'o clock church service and have lots of time in the morning to be with the family. This last Sunday was so beautiful outside that Andrew and I enjoyed a breakfast of eggs and waffles on our back patio while watching the birds feed and the dog play. It was such a great time to just talk and reconnect.

We have a Mourning Dove nesting in one of our pots. We've had them nest before but they've always chosen somewhere else to actually lay their eggs.

But this year a Dove stayed and laid two eggs!

Joshua made the discovery while climbing our fig tree in our backyard. They have a swinging rope attached to the tree so they're always climbing and playing on the tree but the little dove was so discreetly hidden in the pot that we hardly could see her little head peeking out.

When the kids play on the tree she decides to leave the pot and sits on the fence where she can keep watch on her precious eggs yet not be disturbed from the shaking tree!








Then, Andrew briefly came home this morning between job runs, and noticed a beautiful bird on our front lawn. At first it looked like a small blackbird. But when we observed closely we saw shining colors of blue and green shimmering off it's neck, it's wings were lined in white and had white speckles on it and it had a bright yellow beak. When Joshua saw it he exclaimed, "It's a European Starling!"
He's our bird man. His knowledge about birds has made me appreciate the beauty and creative expression God has displayed in creation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such a *lovely* family! I think this is the first full family pic I've seen! :) Very nice!

And I haven't seen any ads...but perhaps I should be checking! Thanks for the info!

~Deborah :)

Stephanie said...

I did notice ads on my site lately, too! But I love Blogger and I will enjoy checking your site here. Your family picture is lovely! :)