Tuesday, May 26, 2009

FIRST DAYS
We've been having a lot of fun this week bonding as a family. We are learning so much about our little guy and he about us. We've seen wonderful changes in him as he's relaxing into our schedule and becoming more and more secure in who we are. He is still apprehensive around new people and new environments. But at home he is a bundle of energy and overflowing with smiles and laughter.

Yesterday the kids had fun in the little pool we have on our back patio.
I don't know if you can tell in this picture but Jeremy has some strong muscles!Having fun with Joshua...Unexpectedly Jeremy filled up a bucket of water and surprised his brother by dumping it on him!
That's what brothers are for!

Angela is a great helper with Jeremy. She enjoys playing with him and does well when it's her turn to hang out with him.

Jeremy loves to be involved with everything. Most of the time it has only required a little instruction, and if you're okay with it being a little more messy than usual, then it's actually a big help.
Here he is helping Dad (Papa) make omelets for breakfast:



He helps me with the laundry, wash the dishes, sweep the floor, set the table....I've found that if I involve him with what I am doing then I don't have to worry about what he's getting into when he's out of the room! Smart, huh?! :)

I thought the difference in food might be an issue. But so far he has adapted well. The first day I made dishes that were familiar to him. The second day there were some food that he liked (he's a rib man) and some that he didn't (he's not too fond of fresh veggies). The next day I made salad for lunch with rib meat on top...he ate the meat, spit out the lettuce, but then decided to eat half his salad when he saw there were chips too! He really likes chips and fruit.

2 comments:

Carol Young said...

I love peeking in and seeing how you all are doing. What a fun adventure! I love our family!

Tamra Gardner said...

I love the smile on his face. It is so good to finally see your family complete.