Friday, January 27, 2012

going green

After my craniotomy I felt very depleted of vitamins and nutrients.  

During the surgery I was pumped up with drugs, and then for a week or two afterwords felt soaked in them.
I couldn't eat vegetables or fruit for over a month because my jaw pain was too immense. 
But I needed to replenish my body with those essential vitamins.  What to do?
Go green.

 Every morning I combine:

Kale -1 or 2 leaves
Spinach- 2 or 3 cups
1 apple
5 baby carrots
2 t. flax

I put in all in a blender.
 
Adding a few ice cubes to step up the taste.



The taste:

I'd be lying if I said the taste was amazing, or delicious. 
It took a while to get used to it. 
It's not sweet like a fruit smoothie, but has a very fresh and cool flavor.
It has grown on me.

After  1 1/2 months of the same thing for b-fast every morning I've started adding other things to my potion:
cucumbers
blueberries 
celery
Orange


What keeps me going back to it every morning is the HUGE nutritional value...

And there is NO way 
I could eat that many vegetables  
(especially without salad dressing) 
every day. 
So, I'm staying green...

No comments: