Tuesday, November 8, 2011

new indian name: Sitting Girl

Sitting on my rear since Thursday has taken it's toll on my body.  I stand up just to change positions and wiggle my legs.  But when I stand my head throbs so I'm back on the couch after a couple seconds.
Sunday Morning:
This is just the beginning of the swelling.  couldn't even attempt to open the eye, it continued to get worse until Monday and lots of icing (no, not cupcakes- that would've been yummy, but real ice in an ice pack).

If I were feeling good I would've loved to have seen what it looked like going through the airport.
My face was swollen shut, with my little elf hat, I was so drugged up that all I could do was sleep, in a wheelchair, on the floor, just sleep.  Andrew worked the brain surgery angle to get us an earlier flight and seats together.  One look at me and no one wanted to sit next to me! 

I thought coming home would be easier.
If the pain would just lesson I could handle this.
One day at a time.
I'm so hungry, but have no appetite.  The meds annoy my empty stomach...thankful for ensure and chicken soup broth...my life lines.
The kids are still with extended family, who are gifts from heaven.  They have made this possible.  I got to see the kids for a couple min the other day.  It was good exposure for them for a gradual move back home.
It's really hard to imagine your mom looking like Quasimodo from Hunchback of Notre dame.
Kind of a shock.










Andrew is an amazing husband.  Taking good care of me and patient when I ask him the same question over and over, or say things that are off the wall.

Tuesday:

Please pray that the pain can get back down.  I just can't handle this throbbing.

My face doesn't work on the right side unless I manually make it.  Like closing my eye or opening my mouth.  That will be a slow progression of healing. But I'll be okay with that..it's just I can't handle the pounding and stiff neck from pain -that is torturous.
Okay, enough wining and complaning.  :)

Thank you, thank you dear friends for praying... for your love and support through all of this.

2 comments:

Victoria Haney said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to post at least. We all appreciate the update so we know how we can pray for you. Keep resting and I pray for comfort and healing for you and distraction and patience for Andrew.

Tamera said...

Jenn:
You are an amazing example of trusting in God's wisdom and faith in His plan. Thank you for sharing so we know how to pray.